The Crusaders

The Crusaders & The Unit (TU) forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  COD4 leagueCOD4 league  Log inLog in  

Share | 

COD League - S&D Season 3 approaches!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Charlatan110
Company War Arranger
Company War Arranger

Male
Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: COD League - S&D Season 3 approaches!!   Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:43 am

Well, Season 2 final postion was 4th of 6 in Division 4. Im pretty pleased with that given the level of some teams in our division (D3 were absolutley rocking after they joined!) For season 3 some changes are being implemented as the league grows. The following info was posted by the league today;

"As Codleague has grown we have done our best to adapt. We now feel that a fairly major reorganization is necessary and a few rule changes will also be of benefit.

League Structure
The S and D league will consist of 5 Divisions of ten teams. There will be no relegations this season and the top four teams from division 2-6 will move up. Essentially teams 1-10 in order will make up the first division 11-20 the second and so on. Where teams are dropping out, the next team in order will be bumped up.
At the end of season three the two top teams will be promoted and the two bottom placed teams will be relegated. The third and fourth team will go into a double playoff with the winner going on to face the team who finished third bottom in the division above. Maps for playoffs will be decided by admins. We hope that this will keep interest alive for more teams near the end of the season.

Maps
Home team will pick just one map as their home map and the other for that gameweek will be decided at the beginning of the season by Head admins. In an 18 week season all maps will be played at least once (including Broadcast, Chinatown and Creek). Killhouse and shipment are considered unsuitable.

Weapons and Perks
After lengthy discussions it has been agreed that in the interest of fairer and more enjoyable games the hit icon will be removed as will the bandolier perk. Heavy MGs will be limited to one per team. This will go some way to making maps with thinner walls (such as vacant) more even and promote skillful play.
"

By my calculations this means we will be in division 3 of 5 for the new season.

We have enrolled for three leagues (S&D, DOM & TDM). The requirement is one match per week per league. I think we need to seriously consider whether we are big/able enough to raise bodies for three matches per week every week????

Thoughts......?

Last edited by Charlatan110 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puck
Captain
Captain

Male
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: COD League - S&D Season 3 approaches!!   Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:16 am

I agree Char that we really need to determine if we are able to handle such a load. I'd like to think we can if we divide things up a little which will allow everyone to get match time but on the other hand we've had troubles getting 5 for match as well. I guess we need to see how committed everyone is and then go from there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: COD League - S&D Season 3 approaches!!   Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:51 am

Yup we are going to be very busy. But we CAN do it!
We just need to make sure we dont;
A:double book dates
B:arrange matches at the last moment.

I cant wait to frag some lame noobs again - GO CRUSADERS!

MSG_Klemer
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: COD League - S&D Season 3 approaches!!   Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:20 pm

Leon wrote:
Yup we are going to be very busy. But we CAN do it!
We just need to make sure we dont;
A:double book dates
B:arrange matches at the last moment.

I cant wait to frag some lame noobs again - GO CRUSADERS!

I agree we can handle it, if anything I would ditch (if we couldnt handle it, and depending on the setup) TDM. But anywho I think we can do it.

Granted some more people take the 30minuts to a hour to try to play.

Captain
Captain

Male
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: COD League - S&D Season 3 approaches!!   Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:14 am

We have the numbers to handle it, it's just a matter of participation. And as much as we may have been "playing" these last few weeks I think we need to work on the things we discussed along with the stuff Sky put together.
Personally I like the idea of a TDM league over the others but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COD League - S&D Season 3 approaches!!   

Back to top Go down

COD League - S&D Season 3 approaches!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Crusaders :: Archives old Bin :: Archives-
Jump to: